Friday, 28 October 2022 12:05
Integrated Science Questions and Answers - CBC Grade 6 KPSEA End Term 3 2022 Set 2
Share via Whatsapp
- A push or a pull on an object is referred as
- Grade five learners were doing an experiment on different substances. What happened when they put red litmus paper in ash solution? It turned
- yellow .
- Three of the following are safety precautions when handling plants. Which one is not?.
- wear gloves on your hands.
- wash hands using soap after handling plants.
- wear protective gears.
- any fruits or leaves.
Use the diagram below to answer question 4
- Which part in the above diagram shows where the baby grows
- Which part of a plant absorbs water and supports the plant firmly?
- Alisha and Maureen were playing on the see-saw as show below.
Which of the statements below is true? .
- Alisha is heavier than Maureen.
- Maureen is heavier than Alisha.
- For them to balance they should both move away from the fulcrum.
- Alisha should move closer to the pivot for them to balance.
- The following are blood groups. Which group is referred to as universal donor?
- A .
- Waste can be managed in the following ways except
- Grade 4 learners were asked to type a friendly letter during their English lesson. Which part of the computer did, they use to enter the letters?
- Central Processing Unit:
- Below are characteristics of a certain group of animals.
- They live partly on land and partly in water.
- They lay eggs.
- They do not have a constant body temperulure.
- They breathe through lungs.
Which of the following groups fit then description above?
- Reptiles .
- Which of the following parts is correctly matched with its function?
- S - used to give instructions
- T - used to type.
- Z - shows or displays what is happening.
- V - connects the digital device to the hardware.
- The following are water pollutants. Which one is not?
- Oils spills.
- Factory water
- Four learners were asked to identify the state of matter that has the following characteristics.
- have definite shape.
- have definite volume.
- have definite mass.
Who gave the correct answer?
- Juma - liquids.
- Mariam insulators.
- Abdi - gases.
- Sarah - solids.
- A metallic ball sinks in water while a plastic one will float. This is due to
- Which waterborne disease can be controlledby draining stagnant water?
- Which of the following is not a form of gardening?
- Vertical gardening.
- Kitchen gardening.
- Market gardening.
- Horizontal gardening.
- The following tools are used in farm. Which one is used for weeding?
- Prunning saw.
- Grade five learners in Makongeni school were asked to name the part of the vegetable eaten. Which pupil gave the correct answer?
- Mr. Mwema was adviced by an Agricultural officer to instal gutters to avoid soil erosion near his house. Which type of erosion was he controlling?
- Sheet erosion.
- Rill erosion
- Splash erosion.
- Gulley erosion.
- Which part of planting material is used to plant pumpkin?
- The following animals can be controlled by the use of a fence except a
- The following are creeping crops except
- Birds kept for laying eggs are called
- Rice is grown in _______ type of soil
- clay soil
- cotton soil
- sandy soil
- loam soil
- The best way for controlling gulley erosion is by
- building gabbions.
- making terraces.
- planting cover crops.
- contour farming.
- Which term is used to describe the process of collecting soil from deposition sites and using it to replace the lost top soil?
- soil erosion.
- solid deposit
- soil recovery.
- Calton was seen in the school garden carrying out the practice below. Which gardening practice was this?
- Which of the following crop is not a legume?
- Three of the following crops are grown in a sunked seedbed except
- Grade four learners made the structure below.
What was the function of the structure above?
- make the farm attractive
- breed rodents.
- scare animals.
- Grade 5 pupils from Heshima Academy grouped food in groups below. Which group consist of food that provide our bodies with fats and oil?
- Beans, groundnuts, lentils.
- Samosa, mandazi, pancakes.
- Butter, cheese, red meat.
- Chicken, ice cream, oily spinach.
- Identify the bleaching symbol shown below.
- Do not bleach.
- Any bleach is ok.
- Bleach with caution.
- Oxygen bleach only.
- The following are some of the measures that can be used to prevent common communicable diseases. Which one is not?
- Cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces.
- Shaking hands.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
- Regular washing of hands...
- Which of the following diseases is caused by nutritional deficiency?
- Name the embroidery stitch shown below.
- Chain stitch.
- Stem stitch.
- Satin stitch.
- Loop stitch.
- Below are some of the reasons for stuffing shoes after cleaning except to
- make them look smart
- maintain the shape
- improve the quality
- keep off small animals and snakes.
- Misuse of cosmetics can cause the following dangers except
- face rash.
- skin irritation.
- Which of the list below consist of tools used sowing only?
- (i), (ii), (iii)
- (ii), (iii), (v)
- (ii), (iii), (iv)
- (iii), (iv), (v):
- Which is the best stitch to use in repairing a gaping seam?
- Chain stitch.
- Hemming stitch.
- Double stitch.
- Pupils in Lamu Academy were asked to nam one basic method of weaving used in fabri construction. Who among the following giri named the correct method?
- Mary - Double weave.
- Ann - Flat weave.
- Liz - Cotton weave.
- Terry - Plain weave
- Inorder to improve pool hygienes, which one of the following should be observed?
- Always use floaters and lifesavers to save you from drowning
- Do not swim immediately after taking meals
- Avoid diving at the shallow ends of the pool
- Visit the toilet before going to swim.
- Martin was scen swimming using the technique below.
which swimming technique was Martin likely to be practising?
- Breast stroke.
- The following are points to be followed while performing a one handed catch in a frisbee game except
- always aim to catch the disc with one hand
- avoid catching the disc using your thumb and fingers.
- Watch and time the oncoming disc carefully as it flies towards you .
- stand with your feet shoulder width apart with your knees slightly bent.
- Joel got hurt on his knce while playing a soccer game. Which one of the following steps of managing the wound should come first?
- Cleaning the wound well.
- Applying an antiseptic such as spirit or dettol.
- Bandages the wound well to avoid blecding.
- Apply alcohol or swap to the area.
- A method of starting a race where the knees of the rear leg is opposite to the 10e of the Ieading leg with hand placed shoulder width apart is known as
- bunch start
- clongated print start
- medium spirit start
- standing start.
- Grade 6 boy was seen playing a handball skill shown below.
Which one of the following statements is false about the skill above?
- It aims at making a score froin an ordinary . position.
- It allows one to advance with the ball.
- Enables a player to go past a defender.
- It is a defensive skill used by the goal keeper only.
- A game of rounders is played by ______ players.
- While practising for balance, a PHE instructor can encourage his learners to peerom the following skills except
- crouch balance.
- rope work skills.
- The following are attacking skills used in a Kabaddi game
The attacking skills shown above is known
- toe touch.
- foot touch
- side kicking
- hand touch
- During a PHE practical lesson, leaners practised the following types of passes.
- Overarm pass
- Underarm pass
- Chest pass
- Bounce puss
Which of the above passes is ased to pass ihe ball over a short distance?