SOCIAL STUDIES AND RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
END OF TERM 3
SECTION A: SOCIAL STUDIES
The map below shows CHEFE AREA. Use it to answer questions 1-7.( 8 marks).
- River Tar has _______________ tributaries.
- People in CHEFE Area worship on_________________
- CHEFE Area is headed by a _________________(police, chief, governor)
- People of CHEFE Area transport their things mainly by _____________________________
- Name any two economic activities in the area shown on the map. _________________________ and _________________________
- What is the direction of Rare Market from the mosque?
- Name any social amenity in CHEFE Area.
- Kenya lies to the _________________________ of Tanzania. (1 mark)
- The following is a description of a certain climate condition
- temperatures are between 20°C and 25°C
- Rainfall is 1100 mm - 2400 mm per year,
- It is cool and wet throughout the year.
- Which climatic region of Kenya is described above? (Cool and wet climatic region, tropical climatic region) (1mark)
- Name two towns experiencing the above climatic conditions. (2 marks)
- List two ways in which vegetation is important. (2 marks)
- Name two factors influencing population distribution. (2 marks)
- Complete the table below. (4 marks)
Language group Community that make up the language group Nilotes Agikuyu, Wadawida Cushites Semite
- Give two reasons dairy farming is practiced in the highlands. (2 marks)
- In the puzzle below identify and circle the 4 modes of transport. (4 marks)
R R I L W Y O A T U V Z A I G Y X L D L O P R S L W A T E R W A I U P T A Y R N O M C A B L E S
- The diagram below shows the administration structure of school. (3 marks)
- Name the administrative leader represented by letter Z.
- State two roles of the administrative leader marked Z.
- Road transport is well developed in Kenya. It is also common and very convenience.
State two causes of road accidents in Kenya. (2 marks)
- List two methods of traditional fishing. (2 marks)
- Executive is one of the arms of the government. Name any two members of the executive. (2 marks)
- Floriculture is the growing of flowers. Name any two types of flower grown in Kenya. (2 marks)
- Name where the following minerals are mined in Kenya. (3 marks)
- Soda ash
- What it tourism? (1 marks)
Use the map below to answer questions 22-24. (3 marks)
- The large water body the to the south east of this map is called ____________
- The national park marked x is called _____________
- The country neighbouring the country to the west is likely to be _____________
SECTION B: Christian Religious Education
- State one instruction that John the Baptist gave to the crowd. (1 mark)
- Jesus was baptised in which river? ____________(1 mark) (Nile, Jordan, Galilee)
- A difficult situation that requires a lot of effort to overcome is called (1 mark) ____________(a challenge, a success, a task)
- State a way of showing kindness to the needy. (1 mark)
- The paralysed man was healed because he had ____________.(1 mark) (faith, wisdom,honesty)
- Re-write the following values correctly. (2 marks)
- What is a talent? (1 mark) _____________
- Write two roles you perform at home __________________. (2 marks)
- Write one gift of the Holy Spirit (1 mark)
- Who was the first man to be created by God? (1mark)
- Who among the following is not a nuclear family member? (1 mark) (Father, uncle, sister)
- Name one king mentioned in the Bible. (1 mark)
- Write one way of showing respect to elders. (1 mark)
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES
Answer all the questions below.
- Which Surah of the Holy Quran describes the episode of elephant?
- The year the prophet was born was termed as
- Al-waahid means
- Which angel is in charge of the gates of Jannah?
- Name two attributes or qualities of the prophets of Allah (S.W.T)
- Which prophet had a miracle of building an ark?
- Name nullifies of saum.
- We use ____________________ when taking wudhu.
- The sunnah prayer performed before a faradh prayer is called
- The word taraweh means
- Name one example of social media platform.
- Which is the first surah of the Holy Quran?
- Angels were created from
- Road transport
- cash crop farming trading, lumbering
- School, mosque, markets
- North East
- cool and wet climatic region
- kisii, kiambu, Nakuru, and any other place that experience th same climate
- Climate, pest and diseases, floods, government policy, soil, relief, industries, mining etc.
- Nilotes- Luo, nandi, marakwet, pokot, turgen, maasai
Bantus - Luhya, kisii, akamba, aembu, ambeere, agikuyu,
Cushites - somali, dahalo, borana, sanye, mbungu
Asians - indians, japanese, chinese,
europeans - britons, french, italians
- Cool and wet reliable rainfall
Good transport and communication
Plenty of water for the livestock
- Road, railway, air, water, cable transport
- Deputy head teacher
- Assist the head teacher
in charge of discpline
Secretary during staff meeting
Makes school time table and routine
Ensure safety and security
- Ignorance of traffic rules
Driving beyond the speed limit
Driving vehicles that are in poor condition
Driving under influence of alcohol
- Use of herbs
Harpooning/ use of spears
Use of baskets
- The president
- Roses, lilies, hibiscus, carnation, orchards
- diatomite - kariandusi
- Limestone - bamburi, machakos, athi river, sultan hamud, koru
- soda ash- lake magadi in kajiado county
- Travelling from one place to another for leisure
- Indian ocean
- Amboseli national park
- A- award 5 marks for a well- drawen structure including the shield.
- If you have two shirts give to one who has none,
if you have food share with the hungry
- a challenge
- supporting them with food and clothing
building them shelter
- special abilities or gifts from God
washing clothes etc
- King david, king solomon
- fil/ fily
- The year of elephant/ Amul fil
- the one
- Are honest, truthful, faithful, generous, kind , obedient, intelligent, wise, responsible, repsectful, sinless/ maasumeen
- prophet nus (as)
- eating intentionally,
- Water/ clean water
- Pause or rest
(Accept any correct answer)
- Fatiha/ hamdu