- Write down two emotional changes that take place in pre-adolescents (2mks)
- Fill in the table below using examples of common communicable diseases that affect people. (8mks)
Skin diseases Respiratory diseases Insect transmitted diseases Immunisable diseases a) _______________
a) ___________________ a) _______________
- Write down three aspects of good grooming (3mks)
- What is an advertisement?(1mk) __________________________________________________________
- List two types of media that can be used in the advertisement of new product. (2mks)
- Identify the materials the following surfaces are made of (4mks)
- Chebet a pre-adolescent girl has been given money by her parents to buy christmas clothes and shoes. What factors do you think she is supposed to consider when choosing her shoes and clothes? (4mks)
- _____________________________ involves making a buying decision in the right manner. (1mk)
- Use the words in the box to fill in the gaps (4mks)
expiry date, impulse buying, shopping list, compare prices
- It is always important to check the _____________________________ of the items you are buying.
- Planning for items to buy helps to avoid ____________________________________
- Use your _________________________________ when buying items that you need.
- You save money when you _____________________________________ and buy a similar item at a cheaper price.
- ______________________ is a nutritional deficiency disease and disorder that is caused by lack of enough proteins in the diet (1mk)
(Total marks 30)
- Grade five learners at Jikaze primary school started a club of planting climbing fruit trees. Imagine you are asked to advise them on ways of managing those climbing fruit trees to ensure they grow strong and heathy, give them five activities they can undertake to manage their climbing fruit trees (5mks)
- List three climbing fruit trees grade five learners are likely to plant in question 1 above (3mks)
- Write two planting materials for climbing fruits the grade five learners can use to plant their climbing fruit trees in question 1 above. (2mks)
- Five grade tive learners made placards of various domestic animals
Identify the domestic animals mentioned by the five learners. (5mks)
- Joseph ___________________________
- Andy _____________________________
- Asha ._____________________________
- Jerry ______________________________
- Kamau _____________________________
- Name the following gardening tools and equipment (5mks)
- Define the following terms (8mks)
- Run off ___________________________________________________
- Soil recovery ________________________________________________________
- Soil conservation __________________________________________________________________
- Soil erosion _____________________________________________________________
- Draw and colour a diagram showing mulching in plants. (2mks)
- mood swings
- Skin diseases - ringworms, scabies
- Respiratory - coughs, colds, corona virus, T.B,
- Insect transmitted - malaria
- Immunisable - measles, chicken pox.
- Exercises, personal hygiene, dressing, care of clothes, etiquette ( any 3)
- It is a public notice that promotes a product or a service.
- Notice board, posters, billboards, word of mouth, phones, newspapers, radio, television (any 2)
- shape and size, comfort, weather, age, colour, occasion, price (any 4)
- Wise buying
- expiry date
- Impulse buying
- Shopping list
- Compare prices
- watering, mulching, applying manure, weeding, training.
- passion fruits, raspberry, fruits, gooseberry fruits, grapes, kiwi fruits (any 3)
- seeds, stem cuttings.
- garden fork
- pruning shears
- watering can
- garden trowel
- garden insecticide sprayer
- The excess water that flows on the ground surface after heavy rainfall
- The process of collecting soil from the depostition sites and using it to replace the lost top soil.
- Process of preventing the loss of the top layer of soil from erosion or contamination
- It is the carrying away of the top soil from one place to another
- Picture of mulched plant.