Making Improvised Brushes.
What is a brush?
- A brush is a tool used to pick and apply paint on a surface. And we can improvise a brush with locally available materials.
Identifying and collecting tools and materials for making a brush.
- Divide the Learners into groups of four
- Guide Learners to collect materials they can use to make a brush
- Materials used to make a brush are; piece of old cloth,sponge,sisal,fibre,palm fibre, coconut fibre, feathers and green sticks depending on the ones available near the school.
Improvising a brush using locally available materials.
- Demonstrate to Learners how to prepare the materials for improvising a brush in steps
- First cut the green sticks to an average size of a pencil
- Cut to size of your choice material for the bristles.The material here can be a sponge,old cloth,sisal fbre,palm fibre, coconut fibre or feather.
- Once you have the right size of bristles tie it to the chopped side of the green stick using a string or a thin wire.
- Make several brushes from the different materials which you can test to see which produces the best paint job.
- Guide Learners to each make a brush from the materials of their choice.
- Let Learners display their brushes and talk about them.
Download Paint and Colours - Art and Craft Grade 1 Revision Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students