- What is a pattern?
What is a pattern?
- A pattern is a repetition of lines,dots,shapes and even colours over and over on a surface
- Line pattern line pattern is when a pattern is created using lines.
Identifying line patterns in the environment.
- Ask Learners to look around the classroom and see if they can see any objects with lines repeated,let them write their names.
- Guide them to tour the environment around the school and write down the names of the objects with lines repeated over and Over
Creating line patterns
- Let Learners choose the pattern they want to create.
- They should use different linesto create patterns
- They can use charcoal or crayons to create the patterns.
Examples of line patterns
- Dot patterns when a pattern is created using dots it’s called dot pattern.
This is a dot pattern.
Identifying dot patterns in the environment
- Let Learners look around the classroom.
- What objects can you see around with dot patterns.let them write names of the objects
- Take a tour to the environment around the school
- Let Learners identify any objects with dot patterns and write their names
- Guide Learners to create dot patterns in their books
- They can use pencils, brushes, charcoal or crayons.
- They can use different colours of their choice to create patterns.
- When a pattern is created using numbers,it is called numerical patterns
Creating a number pattern
- Guide Learners to identify numbers in the classroom.
- Let Learners identify numbers by writing them down
- Display a chart of number patterns for Learners to observe and familiarize with number patterns.
- Write numbers on the Blackboard and let Learners write numbers repeatedly to make patterns.
- Let Learners display their work and talk about it.
Download Pattern Making - Art and Craft Grade 1 Revision Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students