SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AND AGRICULTURE
END OF TERM 2
- The two kinds of things in the environment are
- The things in the environment that breathe, grow and reproduce are called ______________
- Stones, soil and pens are examples of ______________ in the environmental.
- The living things in the environment that make their own food in the leaves are called ______________
- Plants make their own food through a process called ______________
- A flower in a plant is used for ______________(reproduction, growth)
- Look at the diagram below
The water droplets shows the plant removes excess water in a process called ______________
- The animals kept at home are called ______________
- The process of taking in and out air in the body by animals is called ______________
- Animals that feed on plants and meat are called ______________
- The doctor who treats sick animals is called ______________
- The animals without backbone are known as ______________
- Snails, earthworms and butterflies are examples of ______________
- The breaking down of food into small particles that are absorbed by the body is called ______________
- The tube from mouth to the anus through which the food passes through is called ______________
- Study the diagram below
Name the parts marked
- The digestive juice produced by the liver is called ______________
- In which part of digestive system is food absorbed to the blood stream?______________
- A human being has a total of ______________ incisors.
- The tooth drawn below is called
- Ash is sprinkled on pit latrine to reduce
(bad smell, cleanliness, fresh air)
- Dust mask is used for
- Washing clothes and cars directly in rivers can cause the pollution of
- Water for use in our homes can be stored in
- Waterborne diseases are caused by drinking
- Study the home made water filter below.
The home made filter above is used for
- What are digital devices?
- Name two digital devices used at school
- What is the meaning of C.PU in a computer?
- Match the following parts with their correct function.
-Work on information that is put in a computer.
-position a cursor on computer screen and help inselecting items
-Used for listening to music and sound from computer.
-used for storing information from a computer
-Take information from books, posters and others sources and store them in a computer.
- The soil with the largest particles is known as
- Which soil drains alot of water?
- The best soil for growing crops is
- Name the material you need to make compost manure
- State three uses of water in the farm.
- Name the type of irrigation drawn below.
- Which animal damage the crops by eating the roots?
- A scarecrow is used for
- We use mulches on a seedbed in order to conserve
- Study the set-up below
Soil A _______________
Soil B _______________
Soil C _______________
- Living things
- Non-Living things
- lliving things
- domstic animals/
- food cabnal/ alimentary canal
- M- liver
N- small intestines
- small intestine
- bad smell
- preventing dust from entering the nose
- dirty water
- removing dirt from water
- electronic devices used for communication/ sending, receiving and processing information
- computers, tablets
- central processing unit
- Kitechen waste
- Animal manure
- stones and stalks
- Dried leaves
- Sawdust/ Woodash
- Watering plants
- for animals to drink
- For cleaning
- drip irrigation
- pests - root weevils/root aphids
- Scaring away birds and animals from crops
- Soil A- clay
Soil B - sand
Soil C- loam