Thursday, 01 September 2022 08:59
Science Questions and Answers - Class 8 End term 2 2022 Set 2
Share via Whatsapp
- The following are all excretory organs. Which one is not?
- The first and the second planets respectively from planet Earth are;
- Mars and Jupiter
- Mercury and Mars
- Mercury and Venus
- Mars and Saturn
- In the food chain shown below, which animal can best fit at the place labelled Z?
Grass → Antelope → Z → Hawk
- The following are methods of controlling livestock parasites.
Which one controls both internal and external parasites?
- Rotational grazing
- Deworming .
- The following are materials used to construct a
certain weather instrument.
- Strong polythene paper
- A wooden pole
The weather instrument likely to be constructed is;
- an air thermometer
- a wind vane
- a wind sock
- a rain gauge
- Three of the following are ways of reducing the force that opposes motion. Which one is not?
- Lubrication surfaces
- Streamlining bodies
- Smoothening surfaces
- Use of treads
- All the following are methods of rotational grazing.
Which one involves use of temporary fencing?
- Strip grazing
- Stall feeding
- The following are adaptations in plants growing in the dry areas. Which one is not? They have;
- succulent stems
- deep roots
- few stomata
- flexible stems
- Steven, a Science teacher set up the experiment represented by the diagram drawn below.
Which component of soil was the teacher investigating?
- Living organisms
- Which one of the following shows a pair of only sources of current electricity?
- Bicycle dynamo and car battery
- Water turbines and the sun
- Dry cells and wind
- Torch and car battery
- Which one of the following is a use of water in industries?
- Irrigation of crops
- Cooking food
- Making pulp
- During a thunderstorm, pupils from Neema Academy were observed;
- playing on the football pitch
- lying on the floor in the classroom
- leaning against the classroom walls
- sheltering under the verandah
In which pair of observations are the pupils more likely to be struck by lightning?
- (i) and (iv)
- (ii) and (iv)
- (i) and (iii)
- (i) and (ii)
- Which one of the following statements is true about a whale? It has;
- scales on its body
- gills for breathing
- a varying body temperature
- a constant body temperature
- Which one of the following groups consists only of foodstuffs that will help to prevent kwashiorkor?
- Bread, cowpeas, green grams
- Cabbage, eggs, rice
- Fish, eggs, beans
- Maize, beans, spinach
- A certain lever when in use can work with the load between the effort and the fulcrum. The lever is most likely to be;
- a crowbar
- a claw hammer
- a wheel barrow
- a spade
- Which one of the following takes place during inhalation in human beings?
- The lungs contract
- The diaphragm flattens
- The ribs move downwards
- The diaphragm becomes domo-shaped
- Which one of the following is a sign of a patient in the third stage of HIV/AIDS infection?
- HIV test comes out negative
- Signs and symptoms become visible
- The patient cannot infect others
- The patient suffers from opportunistic diseases
- Which one of the following is a social effect of drug abuse?
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Which one of the following diseases can be prevented by draining stagnant water around the homestead?
- The pie chart below below shows the composition of gases in air.
Which of the following are the uses of gases G and J respectively?
- Breathing and making electric tubes
- Germination and making plant food
- Putting out fire and making plant proteins
- Preserving soft drinks and burning
- Which one of the following media is the most effective method of educating the masses about HIV and AIDS?
- The following are effects of HIV and AIDS;
- low self esteem
- loss of earnings
- congestion in hospitals
- increased school drop outs
- secondary infections
Which pair of the above effects affects the nation?
- (v) (ii)
- (iii) (iv)
- (ii) (iii)
- The chart below shows a simple classification of crops.
Which crop is correctly classified?
- The soil that makes the longest ribbons also;
- has fine texture
- bas large air spaces
- dries fast
- has the best drainage ability
- Which one of the following is a use of moving air?
- Moving wind mills
- Blowing soil away
- Felling trees
- Blowing away roofs
- Which one of the following maintenance practices is done when still using simple tools?
- Cleaning after use
- Sharpening cutting tools
- Repairing tools
- Proper storage
- Standard six pupils set up an experiment as shown below.
Which one of the following conditions necessary for germination were they investigating?
- Which one of the following pairs of animals are omnivores?
- Chimpanzee and giraffe
- Pig and man
- Zebra and lion
- Hyena and kangaroo
- The diagram below shows the beak of a certain bird.
The above beak is likely to belong to a;
- Some pupils mixed liquids E, F and G. Liquid E mixed with liquid F. Liquid G did not mix with liquid E and F. Which one of the following correctly represents liquid E, F and G respectively?
- Water, cooking fat, fresh milk
- Cooking oil, water, fresh milk
- Water, fresh milk, cooking oil
- Milk, cooking oil, water,
- The following activities will pollute water except;.
- oil spillage on water
- excess usage of fertilizers on land
- fumes from the factory chimneys
- treated sewage disposed off in rivers
- The tendency of a moving or stationery objects to resist change of position is known as;
- Which one of the following materials will not form a shadow when light is shone on it? Oil layer
- White paper
- A glass lamp
- A piece of wood
- Which set of components of the environment below comprises of the major ones only?
- Soil, plants, buildings
- Animals, water, air
- Rocks, animals, soil
- Water, air, heat
- The following signs and symptoms were observed on a patient:
- severe headache
- abdominal pain
- slight diarrhoea with blood stains
- sores in the mouth
The patient was most likely to be suffering from;
- The diagram below shows a simple electric circuit.
What object can be put at point X to make the bulb to light?
- Which one of the following is not carried by the blood plasma?
- Carbon dioxide
- The diagram below shows a method of separating mixtures.
The above method is known as;
- Which pair of blood vessels is correctly matched with the type of blood they carry?
|| Pulmonary vein
|| Vena cava
|| Vena cava
|| Pulmonary vein
|| Pulmonary artery
|| Pulmonary artery
- Which one of the following crop pests will attack a young kale plant after transplanting and cut the stem?
- Army worm
- Which one of the following pairs of plants stores food in the roots?
- Carrots and irish potatoes
- Irish potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes and cassava
- Cassava and onions
- Pupils placed a bottle top on water and it flowed as shown below. They then crushed and placed the same bottle top on the water again but it sank.
Which one of the following factors that affect sinking and floating was being investigated?
- Size of material
- Type of material
- Shape of material
- Mass of material
- Which one of the following statements is correct about water?
- Filtration makes water safe for drinking
- Boiled hard water is safe for drinking
- Boiling makes hard water difficult to lather
- Soft water should not be boiled before drinking
- Which one of the following attaches itself on the uterus wall to develop into a baby?
- The diagram below shows a simple lever.
Which letter represents the position of the effort when in use?
- In an investigation, pupils placed a mirror in a basin containing water to direct light to a white wall. The pupils were investigating,
- bow light travels
- refraction of light
- reflection of light
- making of a rainbow
- Which one of the following groups of materials consists only of non-magnetic materials?
- Nickel, aluminium, copper
- Plastic, copper, aluminium
- Paper, iron, glass
- Staples, iron, chromium
- The diagram below shows interdependence between plants.
The diagram shows that plants depend on others for,
- Which one of the following methods of preserving food is both modern and traditional?
- Using honey
- A beam balance is used for:
- measuring the volume of different objects
- measuring the height of different objects
- measuring the weight of different objects
- measuring the length of different objects