The law of energy conservation statesthat, energy cannot be created or destroyed but can be changed to other forms of energy.
|Forms of energy||Sources|
|Potential energy (stored)||Possessed by objects at rest.
Found in fuels, dammed, water, elastic rubber.
|Kinetic energy (motion)||Possessed by moving objects.
Found in running water, wind, moving stone, moving car etc.
|Chemical energy||Found in chemicals, fuels, food, car battery, dry cells, candlewax and all fuels|
|Heat energy||Main source is sun.
Other sources include; friction, burning fuels, electricity and food.
|Light energy||Main source is sun.
Other sources include; stars, electricity, lamps et
|Magnet energy||Found in magnets, loadstones and electromagnet|
|Sound Energy||Produced when objects vibrates.
Sources include; pianos, guitas, drums etc
|Mechanical energy||Produced as a result of potential energy and kinetic energy.
Examples include; rotating turbines, hammer stricking a gong, between a bicycle and road
|Elastic potential||Found in streched rubber band or compressed spring.|
Energy conservation means protecting, preserving, restoring and managing energy resources.
Ways of Conserving of Energy.
- Using energy sparingly by:
- Switching bulbs off when not needed.
- Using public transport instead of private vehicle.
- Using bicycles or walking for short distance.
- Using vehicles with low fuel consumption.
- Using thermosflask and hot pots to keep food hot.
- Using energy saving bulbs.
- Using energy efficient devices.
- Modern jiko/improvised jiko
- Clay cookers.
- Using renewable forms of energy.
Renewable forms of energy refers to forms that are inexhaustible like wind, water, sunlight, food, biogas and forests.
Non-renewable sources of energy are those that can get exhausted when use like petrol, diesel, kerosene, natural gas
Advantages of Renewable Energy.
- Are cheap.
- Do not pollute the environment.
- Help to conserve non renewable forms of energy.
- Readily available and in abundance.
Download Energy - class 8 science revision notes.
Tap Here to Download for 30/-
Get on WhatsApp for 30/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students