- Synopsis answers the question: What is the story of the novel, play, etc?
- Just write what happens in the book.
- Often not long, so try to capture only pertinent details.
- Go into the detail about the setting.
Blossoms of the Savannah Synopsis
BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH
The novel begins as Kaelo, his wife, Taiyo and Resian leave Nakuru for Nasila, a rural area in Maasai land.
Assume you are the author of “Inheritance”. The play has not been published. When you ask the publishers to publish it, they tell you to write the synopsis of the play before they consider publishing it. Write its synopsis.
- A report is a systematic, well organized document which defines a problem, and analyses it.
- Reports are written following research or study on a currently trending topic.
- There are short and long reports.
- A report has sections, and sub sections
- There are elements found in both the short and the long reports. They include:
- Introduction. Here we include things such as:
- Officer to whom the report is presented
- Committee members (if done as a group)
- Terms of reference. This is where we write the objective of the study.
- Methods of data collection. How the information was gathered is discussed here. The different methods of collecting data are use of:
- Findings. State what you learned.
- Recommendations. State how the findings can help improve the situation.
- Reports are always:
- Clear; and
- Well structured.
|REPORT ON WHY MOST GIRLS AT NAIVASHA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL DROP OUT OF SCHOOL |
The principal asked a group of students to find out the reasons why there is high drop out among girls at Naivasha School. The committee included:
The study started on 3rd February and ended on 10th of the same month.
The group used different methods to gather the information. The following are the methods used collect data:
It was found out that:
The committee concluded that:
Report compiled by: Amos Ngotho
It has been noted that students at Kinya High abuse drugs. The deputy principal calls you one day and asks you to form a committee to investigate the causes of drug abuse at your school. Write the report to contain:
- Three methods of data collection
- Four findings
- Four conclusions
- Four recommendations.
Download STUDY WRITING - English Form 3 Functional Writing Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates