- A recipe is a set of steps that lead to a delicious food.
- It is a set of directions that describes how to prepare a culinary dish.
- With the recipe, one is unlikely to be involved in culinary disaster.
- The common terms used in a recipe are:
Format of a Recipe
- Title your recipe. For example,
Fried Chicken Recipe
- Ingredient List. It is advisable to list the ingredients in the order of their use. This helps the reader to keep track of the ingredients that have been used. Give the quantity of each ingredient.
4 whole chicken breasts
½ cup bread crumbs
- Method. How the meal is prepared is listed here. The steps should be easier to understand and follow. The steps are usually numbered.
- Service. List how many people to be served and what to serve with. For example,
Serve with …… or
Top with …..
- Preparation time
RECIPE FOR COOKING WHITE RICE
1 cup of white rice
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1. Rinse the rice in a strainer.
1. Serve when hot.
Download PERSONAL WRITING - English Form 4 Functional Writing Notes.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates