- The following are distributions of features of human wants. Identify the features that relate to the descriptions in the spaces provided. (2 marks)
- Name two occupations that relate to each other of the production activities given below: (3 marks)
- Outline four tasks that may be carried out by a receptionist in an office. (4 marks)
- Highlight four circumstances in which a cheque may be used as a means of payment. (4 marks)
- State four activities that may be carried out in a stock exchange market. (4 marks)
- State four features of liners in sea transport. (4 marks)
- State five types of information that a manager may communicate to juniors. (5 marks)
- Explain the meaning of the following terms: (4 marks)
- In the spaces provided below, indicate whether the following factors cause movement along the demand curve or a shift of the demand curve. (3 marks)
- Highlight four roles played by the broker in the chain of distribution. (4 marks)
- The following diagram represents the circular flow of income in a two sector closed economy.
Identify two factors represented by each of the arrows labeled a and b. (4 marks)
- Fill in the missing figures in the table below. (4 marks)
- Mheshimiwa Ltd. had the following ledger account balances as at 31st May of 2010:
Required: Prepare Mheshimiwa’s trial balance as at 31st May 2010. (5 marks)
- The following is a format of the debit side of three-column cash-book.
Name the columns labeled V, W, X and Y. (4 marks)
- Outline four functions of the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development. (4 marks)
- State four disadvantages of barter trade. (4 marks)
- The following transactions relate to Jelimo Stores:
- 10th October 2010, sold unused stationery for Sh 3,000 on credit to K. Likia.
- 23rd October 2010, bought a motor car on credit from Onjwaria Motors for Sh 700,000
Required: Record the above transaction in the general ledger given below: (4 marks)
- List four levels of inflation. (4 marks)
- Many countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia are considered to be under-developed. Outline four characteristics they have in common. (4 marks)
- Madam Emoro operates a matatu business. State four factors in the internal environment that may influence the business. (4 marks)
- Highlight four reasons for which businesses should observe ethical practices. (4 marks)
- State four merits of promoting products through personal selling. (4 marks)
- The following information relates to KIboko Traders as at 31st December 2010.
Total drawings 400,000
Added investments 800,000
Capital on 31st December 2010 7,000,000
Calculate Kiboko’s initial capital. (3 marks)
- State four positive implications of a youthful population to an economy. (4 marks)
- PQ Ltd had the following balances as at 31st December 2012.
Sales 23 498 000
Stock 1/1/2012 57 140
Returns Inwards 27 200
Purchases 16 290 000
Stock 31/12/2012 86 340
Prepare PQ’s Trading Account for the year ended 31st December 2012. (5 marks)