Instructions to candidates
- Write the name and version of the software used for each question
- Answer all the questions
- All questions carry equal marks.
- Passwords should not be used while saving in the CD-RW provided.
- All answers must be saved in your CD-RW
- Make a printout of the answers on the answer sheet.
- Arrange your printouts and staple them together.
- Hand in all the printouts and the CD-RW
- Table 1, Table 2 and Table 3 are extracts of records kept in Excellent Services Car Hire Ltd for Vehicles, Drivers and Trips respectively.
Date of Reg.
0730 455 998
0731 745 890
0730 722 227
0730 234 234
0731 745 745
Date of Trip
- Using a database application package, create a database ﬁle named CARHIREINFO. (1 mark)
- Create three tables named VEHICLES, DRIVERS and TRIPS that will be used to store the data in table 1, table 2 and table 3 respectively. (14 marks)
- Set the primary key for each table. (3 marks)
- Create enforced relationships among the tables. (2 marks)
- Create a data entry form for each table. (3 marks)
- Enter the data in table 1, table 2 and table 3 into the Vehicles, Drivers and Trips tables respectively. (9 marks)
- Create a query named VehicleAge to display Vehicle Registration Number, Make, Model and Age of vehicle based on the current year. (4 marks)
- Create a query named GraceDetails to display Driver Name, Phone Number, Vehicle Reg.Number, Make, Destination and Trip Dates for all trips by Grace. (3 marks)
- Create a report to display the Vehicle Reg. Number, Trip Dates, Destination, Distance and the Driver’s Name. The records in the report should be grouped by Vehicles Reg. Numbers and the number of trips done by each vehicle should be displayed. (5 marks)
- Title the report as “Trips Per Vehicle” and save it as Trips . (2 marks)
- Print the following:
- Tables: Vehicles, Drivers and Trips;
- Queries: VehicleAge and GraceDetails;
- Report: Trips;
- Form: Trips.
- Mathioya Tea Farmers Ltd. is a company dealing with the collection and payment of tea farmers. Assuming you are working for the Company and you have been given the following data
Green Leaves Delivered (Kg)
- Enter the data shown above into a spreadsheet giving it an appropriate title (centered) and save the Workbook as Exam 1. And rename the worksheet as Production (l0 marks)
- Copy the data to a new worksheet and enter details of farmer Dominic Githua of Kiriaini zone No 587 with green leaf 5632 Kg was left out insert the details in the appropriate row. (l mark)
- Add appropriate borders to the table. (2 marks)
- Use a function to calculate the gross pay for Farmer No 585 given that the price of green leaves is Sh.14.00 per kg (3 marks)
- Copy the formula for gross pay across the column to calculate the gross pay for all the farmers (2 marks)
- Enter the following table from cell A15. Use IF function to Calculate transport cost for all farmers given that transport is charged per Kg as follows (5 marks)
Price per Kg
- Insert the value 20% in cell A20. Using absolute cell referencing calculate co-op deductions given that the co-op deduction is 20% of the cost. (4 marks)
- Using a function calculate the net pay given that Net pay is Gross pay - Transport cost and co-op deductions. (4 marks)
- Format the columns containing currency values to currency with 2 decimal places and prefix Ksh. Rename the worksheet net pay and save it as Exam 2 (3 marks)
- Arrange the records are ascending order of the zone (2 marks)
- Use subtotals function to calculate subtotals for green leaves delivered, gross pay and net pay for each zone. (3 marks)
- Create an embedded pie chart showing the total Green leaf for each zone the chart should have the following details save it as Exam 3 (5 marks)
- Chart title Zone - Total Green Leaves
- Legend Position - Right
- Print Exam 1, Exam 2, and Exam 3 in landscape orientation. (6 marks)
Download COMPUTER STUDIES PAPER 2 - 2019 KCSE KASSU JOINT MOCK EXAMS (QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS).
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates