- Provides food to the population to meet nutritional requirements and to enable man to engage in other activities of farming.
- Provides employment. This for example can be direct as a labourer in the farm, tea plucker or indirect for example, working in agricultural based industries.
- Source of raw materials for industries for example cotton lint for textile industry.
- Provides foreign exchange - through exporting agricultural produce.
- Provides market for industrial goods ¬agriculture is a consumer of the finished goods from agro-based industries.
- Source of income - farmers as well as the government get revenue from the sale of agricultural produce and tax payment.
Please download this document as PDF to read all it's contents.
Why PDF Download?
- You will have the content in your phone/computer to read anytime.
- Study when offline.(No internet/data bundles needed.)
- Easily print the notes to hard copy.
EitherClick here to download the pdf version of "Introduction to Agriculture: Roles of agriculture in the economy - Form 1 Agriculture Notes", and read the full contents of this page
This is the most affordable option. You get all topics/full set papers at a lesser price than if you bought per paper/ per topic.Click here to download the full document with all topics