Click the link below to download as a full set with all the subjects. (PDF)
ALLIANCE HIGH SCHOOL
Agriculture Paper 2
Pre-trial Examination May, 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- The paper has section A, B and C. Attempt all questions in section A and B and answer only two questions in section C.
- Answer all questions in the space provided.
SECTION A (30 marks)
Answer ALL questions in this section on the space provided.
- List two equipment used in handling cattle during an agricultural exhibition (1 mk)
- State three ways of stimulating milk letdown in a dairy cattle. (11/2 mks)
- State four maintenance practices carried out on a fish pond, (2 marks)
- State four sources of farm (2 marks)
- Define the following terms used to express feed values.
- Digestibility (1/2 mk)
- Dry matter (1/2 mk)
- State six advantages of embryo transfer (3 mks)
- State four characteristics of roughage livestock feeds. (2 marks)
- State two roles of worker bees in a colony. (1 marks)
- State two functions of crop in poultry digestive system. (1 mark)
- Name two tools used for cutting PVC pipes. (2 mks)
- Name two drug administration methods recommended for endoporasites (2 mks)
- State three physical characteristics of a beef cattle breed.
- Differentiate between flushing and steaming up (1 mk)
- Why is raddling essential in sheep management? (1/2 mk)
- If a rabbit was served on 27th July 2012. What date will it kindle. (1 mk)
- State five ways in which soil pH influences crop growth (2 1/2 mks)
- State two signs of heat in pigs. (1 mark)
- Name the causal organism for the following diseases. (4 mks)
- East Coast fever
- Fowl Typhoid
- African swine fever
SECTION B (28 marks)