Click the link below to download as a full set with all the subjects. (PDF)
ALLIANCE HIGH SCHOOL
Agriculture Paper 2
Pre-trial Examination May, 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- The paper has section A, B and C. Attempt all questions in section A and B and answer only two questions in section C.
- Answer all questions in the space provided.
SECTION A (30 marks)
Answer ALL questions in this section on the space provided.
- List two equipment used in handling cattle during an agricultural exhibition (1 mk)
- State three ways of stimulating milk letdown in a dairy cattle. (11/2 mks)
- State four maintenance practices carried out on a fish pond, (2 marks)
- State four sources of farm (2 marks)
- Define the following terms used to express feed values.
- Digestibility (1/2 mk)
- Dry matter (1/2 mk)
- State six advantages of embryo transfer (3 mks)
- State four characteristics of roughage livestock feeds. (2 marks)
- State two roles of worker bees in a colony. (1 marks)
- State two functions of crop in poultry digestive system. (1 mark)
- Name two tools used for cutting PVC pipes. (2 mks)
- Name two drug administration methods recommended for endoporasites (2 mks)
- State three physical characteristics of a beef cattle breed.
- Differentiate between flushing and steaming up (1 mk)
- Why is raddling essential in sheep management? (1/2 mk)
- If a rabbit was served on 27th July 2012. What date will it kindle. (1 mk)
- State five ways in which soil pH influences crop growth (2 1/2 mks)
- State two signs of heat in pigs. (1 mark)
- Name the causal organism for the following diseases. (4 mks)
- East Coast fever
- Fowl Typhoid
- African swine fever
SECTION B (28 marks)
- Below is a reproductive system of female animal. Study it carefully and answer the questions that follow.
- Name the parts labeled J,G,F,H,X (5 mks)
- State the function of part labeled G and H (2 mks)
- The diagram below represent part of a roof.
- Identify the parts dabeled A and C. (2 mks)
- State two types of materials that may be used for the part labeled D (2 mks)
- Give one disadvantage of using thatch for the part labeled B. (1 mark)
- Give the circumstances under which each of the following methods of selection in livestock is preferred.
- Progency testing (1 mk)
- Mass selection (1 mk)
- Diagrams M, N, P and Q represent some farm tools.
- Identify the tools (4 mks)
- Give the use of each of the tools named above. ( 4 mks)
- State two main maintenance practices that should be carried out on tool M. (2 mks)
- The diagram below illustrates a method of identification in livestock Study it and answer the questions that follow.
- Name the type of identification illustrated above. (1 mk)
- Give the identification number of the animal illustrated in the diagram (1 mk)
- A farmer was adviced to prepare to prepare livestock feed of 34% Digestible crude protein, from wheat bran (3%DCP) and cotton seed cake(24% DCP). Calculate how much of wheat bran and cotton seed cake he will require to prepare 100 kg of the mixture,
Show your working. (4 mks)
SECTION C (46mks)
Attempt only two questions for this section
- Discuss differences between digestive systems of ruminant and non ruminant animals (10 mks)
- State five effects of parasites on livestock. (5mks)
- State the procedure of spraying acaricide using stirrup spray (5 mks).
- Discuss reasons for keeping livestock healthy. (5 mks)
- State symptoms of roundworm attack in livestock (7 marks)
- Discuss control measures for cannibalism. (8 marks)
- Discuss features of an ideal calf pen. (9 mks)
- Discuss pneumonia in calves under the following subheadings.
- Predisposing factors. (3 mks)
- Symptoms. (5 mks)
- Control measures. (3 mks)