Click the link below to download as a full set with all the subjects.
MARANDA HIGH SCHOOL
FORM ONE BIOLOGY
END TERM EXAM 2018
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES
- Answer all questions
- The figure below shows a cell organelle
- Identify the above organelle (1mk)
- Name parts labeled A, D and E. (3mks)
- State the functions of parts labeled B and C.
- The scientific name of a domestic dog is Canis familiaris.How is this system of naming referred to. (1mk)
- What taxonomic group does the name familiaris refer to (1 mk)
- Which orgalles are concerned with the following functions (3mks)
- Protein synthesis.
- Lipid synthesis
- Explain why the following should be done during the preparation of temporary slides (3mks)
- Making thin sections
- Adding a drop of water.
- Staining the section.
- Define resolving power of a microscope. (1 mk)
- State two functions of the cell wall in a plant. (2mks)
- State four differences between a light and electron microscope.. (4mks)
- Define cell specialization. (1mk)
- Explain how the following cells are specialized to their functions
- Root hair cells..
- Sperm cells....
- Palisade cells..
- Name three types of animal tissues. (3mks)
- State the functions of the following apparatus used to collect specimen. (3mks)
- A form one student trying to estimate the size of onion cells observed the following in the microscope field of view.
If the student had counted 15 cells across the field of view, calculate the size of one cell in micrometers. (3mks)
- Explain why only the fine adjustment knob should be used when focusing a specimen using the high power objective lens. (1mk)
- State three properties of a cell membrane. (3mks)
- Define the term diffusion.
- A student looking through the eye piece of a light microscope saw a blurred Image of the specimen on the stage. What two adjustments would be make to get a clearer image (2mks).
- Name the branch of biology that deals with the study of
- Hawks, eagles, parrots, flamingos etc................
- Grass hoppers, bees, termites, ants etc.............
- Use the diagram below to answer the questions that follow
- Name the tool.(1 mk)
- The tool above was used by students to examine and draw the specimen shown below. If the actual length of the specimen is 0.9cm.How many times has it been magnified. (3mks)
- State four factors that affect the rate of diffusion. (4mks)
- The diagram below represents a cell organelle
- Name the parts labeled M and N (2mks)
- State the function of the part labeled N. (1mk)
- Name any two scientific skills that one gains after studying biology in school. (2mks)
- Differentiate between the following
- Gaseous exchange and respiration. (2mks)
- Locomotion and movement
- Name the kingdoms in which the following organisms belong to (4mks)
- Bacteria that causes tuberculosis.....
- Algae that acte de Algae that acts as food for fish..............
- Mushroom that act as food for humans...
- Bees that form honey......
- State the functions of the following parts of a light microscope. (3mks)
- Objective lens
- Which organelles would be abundant in (3 mks)
- Skeletal muscles.
- Palisade cells...
- Secretory glands...
- State three precautions observed when handling a light microscope, (3mks).
- Give a reason why a lion and a leopard and a lion cannot breed yet they belong to the same genus. (1 mk).
- State three precautions observed when collecting specimen in the field. (3mks)
- Name the physiological process involved when a spot of ink is dropped in a glass of still water and the water colours after some time (1 mk)
- State the functions of the following organelles (2mks)
- Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
Download Biology - Maranda High School Form 1 End Term 1 2018.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates