- A review of a novel, play, short story or even a poem is written to give the reader a concise summary of its content. This includes relevant description of the topic as well as its overall message.
The steps below are normally followed when reviewing a book (say a novel):
- Describe what the novel is about in a couple of sentences. No spoilers should be given here.
- Discuss what in particular you liked about the book. Your thoughts and feelings about the novel are the main focus when doing this. The questions suggested below when answered will help you to a great extent:
- Who was your favourite character? Why?
- Did the characters feel real to you?
- Did the story keep you guessing what to happen next, and next?
- Which part of the book was your favourite? Why?
- Did the novel make you laugh, smile, or cry?
- Mention what you disliked about the novel. Discuss why you think it didn’t work for you. Some
questions to help you are:
- Was the ending frustrating?
- Was the story scary for your feeling?
- Summarize some of your thoughts on the novel, suggesting the type of reader you would recommend the novel for. For example would you recommend it for young readers, fans of crime, high school students, etc.
- At times, you can rate the novel, for example a mark out of ten, etc.
Picture of the book here
The novel is about a baby girl who is the source of the river. She becomes the first born girl in a family full of boys.
- It is a research instrument containing several questions and other prompts for the purpose of gathering information from the respondents.
- The questions are aimed at collecting facts or opinions about something.
|Introduction||Title of the study |
Purpose of the study
Duration of the survey
Guarantee of confidentiality
Brief information about the organization
If any, incentive Information
|Demographic Data||Respondent’s name(could be optional) |
Age, gender, religion, marital status, etc.
|Questions||Closed-ended questions answerable by Yes/No first. |
This is for faster response rate.
Questions arranged from general to specific.
Sensitive questions at the end.
Group related questions together.
Always number questions.
The instructions on how questions are answered placed before the questions.
Response questions placed vertically except for
|End||Expression of gratitude to the respondent for attempting questions e.g. “Thank You” |
Information on knowing the outcome of the survey.
THE ALL TIME HOTEL
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ON THE ALL TIME HOTEL QUESTIONNAIRE
Dear Esteemed Customer,
We are dedicated to improving the customer satisfaction. Through answering questions in this questionnaire survey, we will be able to analyse the data that will help us enhance our services and meeting your needs.
Your response will only be used for survey purposes and your confidentiality is highly guaranteed.
After you answer all the questions, you will be presented meals of your taste as a token of our good will.
We thank you in advance for your time.
Please indicate your level of agreement or disagreement with each of these statements regarding our hotel. TICK in the box of your answer.
III DEMOGRAPHIC DATA
Number of Family Members: (Tick appropriate)
Phone (optional): __________
IV. Thank you for sharing your feelings and thoughts with The All Time. Enjoy dining at the best Hotel in town!