A Pattern of a child’s dress is provided. You are advised to study the sketches, the questions paper and the layout before the test.
- MATERIALS PROVIDED
- A Front bodice
- B Back bodice
- C sleeve
- D Collar
- E cuff
- F Neck binding
- G Sleeve opening strip
N.B Use pattern piece D to cut interfacing for collar.
- Light weight plain cotton fabric 65cm long by 90 cm wide.
- Sewing cotton thread to match the fabric
- One button 1 cm in diameter.
Using the materials provided , cut and make the left half of child’s dress bodice to show the following:-
- The working of the waist dart
- The working of a machine fell seam at the shoulder and French seam at the side and under arm seams.
- Preparation of an interfaced collar and attaching it to the bodice.
- The making of the continuous straight strip opening at the sleeve.
- Attaching of the sleeve cuff
- The preparation and attaching of the sleeve to the bodice and leaving the seam untrimmed and un neatened.
- The making of the button hole
- The attaching of the button.
At the end of the examination, firmly sew on your work, on a single fabric a label bearing your name and index number. Remove the needles and pins from your work, then fold your work carefully and place it in the envelope provided.
DO NOT put scraps of fabric in the envelope.