SECTION A (30 MARKS)
Answer all the questions in this section in the spaces provided.
- Give three factors that affect the quality of honey. (1½ marks
- State three conditions that make a cow to withhold milk during milking. (1½ marks)
- State four signs of furrowing observed in pigs. (2 marks)
- Give three factors that may make birds to lay eggs on the floor in a deep litter. (1½ marks)
- Give three characteristics of clean and high quality milk. (1½ mark)
- Outline four control measures of round worms. (2 marks)
- State four signs of liver fluke infestation in cattle. (2 marks)
- Give four reasons of breeding in cattle. (2 marks)
- List four methods of preserving fish. (2 marks)
- Name two classes of livestock feedstuffs. (1 mark)
- Give two roles of ovaries in cows’ reproductive system. (1 mark)
- Give two reasons for flushing in sheep. (1 mark)
- Give four reasons for treating timber used in construction of farm buildings. (2 marks)
- State four factors that influence the daily water intake in an animal. (2 marks)
- Name two functions of a clutch in the tractors transmission system. (1 mark)
- Give four characteristics of a good calf pen. (2 marks)
- State four factors that influence the choice of the poultry system of rearing to use. (2 marks)
- State four routine management practices carried out on a replacement stock that is a heifer. (2 marks
SECTION B (20 MARKS)
Answer ALL questions in this section in the spaces provided.
- The diagram below is a cross section of part of a cow's udder.
- Name the parts marked A, B, C and D. (2 marks)
- Name two hormones that control milk let down in a dairy cow. (2 marks
- What is a dry cow therapy? (1 mark)
- The diagram below shows the head of a chicken having symptoms of a poultry disease
- Identify the disease. (1 mark)
- Give two reasons why the disease is of economic importance. (2 marks)
- Outline two methods of controlling the above disease. (2 marks)
- The following diagram shows parts of a roof. Study it carefully and answer the questions that follow.
- Name the parts labeled P, Q, R and S. (2 marks)
- State the functions of P and Q. (2 marks)
- Give two chemical preservatives for treating timber before use in the construction of farm structures. (2 marks
- Below is a diagram of power transmission system of tractor engine.
Study it and answer the question that follows.
- Name the parts labeled E, F, G and H. (2 marks)
- State the functions of E and H. (2 marks)
SECTION C (40 MARKS)
Answer ANY TWO questions from this section.
- Describe five pre-disposing factors of livestock diseases. (5 marks)
- Describe six mechanical methods of controlling ticks. (6 marks)
- Describe the factors that affect milk composition of a cow. (9 marks)
- State five advantages of farm mechanization. (5 marks)
- Explain five advantages of using a mould board plough in seed bed preparation. (5 marks)
- Describe the use of various materials in construction of a Kenya Top bar hive. (5 marks)
- Outline the care and maintenance of a tractor water cooling system. (5 marks)
- State four physical characteristics of a dairy cow. (4 marks)
- State nine factors to consider when selecting livestock for breeding. (9 marks)
- Describe milk fever in dairy cattle under the following sub-headings.
- The cause of the disease (1 mark)
- Symptoms of the disease (4 marks)
- Control measures (2 marks)
Download AGRICULTURE PAPER 2 - 2017 KITUI MOCK EXAMINATION.
Tap Here to Download for 50/-
Get on WhatsApp for 50/-
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
Join our whatsapp group for latest updates