- Jane is a sales executive earning a salary of Ksh. 20,000 and a commission of 8% for the sales in excess of Ksh 100,000. If in January 2010 she earned a total of Ksh.48, 000 in salaries and commissions.
- Determine the amount of sales she made in that month (4 mks)
- If the total sales in the month of February and March increased by 18% and then dropped by 25% respectively. Calculate
- Jane’s commission in the month of February (3 mks)
- Her total earning in the month of March (3 mks)
- Wekhomba bought a laptop in Uganda for Ush.1, 050,000. He then paid 60 US dollars astransportation charges to Kenya. On arrival in Kenya he paid duty and sales tax amounting to 55%of the cost in Uganda. He then gave it to a friend in Tanzania tax free.
If the exchange rates were US dollar = Ush 1016, 1Ksh = Ush 24.83 and Tsh 1 = Ksh 0.0714
- Calculate the total expenses in Kenya shillings incurred by Wekhomba (3 mks)
- Find the expenditure on transportation and taxes as a percentage of the total expenditure (2 mks)
- What is the total value of the laptop in Tanzanian shillings (2 mks)
- Find the overall increase in value of the laptop as percentage of the buying price (3 mks)