- Find the angle θ in degrees from the figure below
- In the diagram below, determine the equation of the line XY in the form y = mx + c
- Find the equation of a line which passes through the point (2, 3) and is perpendicular to y – 3x+ 1 = 0, giving your answer in the form y = mx + c
- T is the mid-point of line XY where X is point (1,4) and Y is the point (-5, 10). Find the equation of a line, L2 which is perpendicular to line XY and goes through point T
- On the grid provided below, plot points A(2,1) B(-4,3) and C(2,5)
- Given that the gradient of CD = -1 and CD =AD locate D and complete the quadrilateral ABCD
- What name is given to quadrilateral ABCD?
- In the figure below (not drawn to scale), PQRS is a rectangle and P and Q are the points (3, 2) and (1,4) respectively.
Given that the equation of the line PQ is y =3x -7, find:
- The equation of line QR
- The coordinates of point R
- The coordinates of point S
- OABC is a trapezium such that the coordinates of O, A , B and C are (0, 0), (2, -1), (4, 3) and (0, y)
- Find the value of y
- M is the mid-point of AB and N is the mid-point of OM. Find in column form
- the vector AN
- the vector
- Vector AC NC
- Hence show that A, N and C are collinear
- Use ruler and a pair of compasses only in this question.
- Construct triangle ABC in which AB = 7 cm, BC = 8 cm and ∠ABC = 600.
- side AC
- ∠ ACB
- Construct a circle passing through the three points A, B and C. Measure the radius of the circle.
- Construct â PBC such that P is on the same side of BC as point A and ∠ PCB = ½ ∠ ACB, ∠ BPC = ∠ BAC measure ∠ PBC.
- ABCD is a parallelogram with vertices A (1,1) and C(8,10). AB has the equation 4x -5y = -1 and BC has the equation 5x – 2y = 20. Determine by calculation;
- the co-ordinates of the point M where the diagonals meet
- The co-ordinates of the vertices B and D
- the length of AB correct to 4 significant figures
- The table shows corresponding values of x and y for a certain curve;
x 1.0 1.2 1.4 1.6 1.8 2.0 2.3 y 6.5 6.2 5.2 4.3 4.0 2.6 2.4
Using 3 strips and mid-ordinate rule estimate the area between the curve, x-axis